Cycling Holidays at the Hotel Niederreiter
Mountain biking, e-biking and road biking in Maria Alm
Mountain bike riders who enjoy nothing more than twisting trails and perfect panoramas will feel right at home here at the Hotel Niederreiter in Maria Alm at the foot of the mighty Hochkönig massif. We offer plenty of bike-friendly facilities so that you can concentrate on enjoying your holiday. From easy rides down in the valley to tough climbs in the mountains our region has plenty of options for everyone.
Road bike riders will also find plenty to keep them occupied. One of the most popular rides in the area is along the Großglockner High Alpine Road, a steep and winding mountain road which hosts the annual Glocknerkönig race. Early and late in the season there is also plenty of riding down in the valley, for example on the Tauern Cycle Path.
- lockable bike storage room
- service area - tools, pumps and workstands
- drying room for clothes and shoes (with lockers)
- laundry service (available for a small fee)
- opportunity to shower and change on day of departure
- lots of information, from trail maps to recommended rides
- personal advice from the manager himself on the best rides
- bike rental from our parner Intersport – next to the hotel
- personal bike guides available to hire
- e-bike recharging station
- repair and service carried out by our partner Intersport (Bike Point) in the hotel
- GPS tracks available to download free of charge
- Hochkönig Card - use all the cable cars in the region free of charge as much as you want (bike transport included)
Tours & trails in Maria Alm
In search of the ultimate two-wheeled adventure? In Maria Alm, at the foot of the Hochkönig massif, bikers will find a huge network of trails criss-crossing this idyllic mountainous region and leading as far as the gentler grassy foothillsnearby.
More than 20 fantastic rides, linking countless trails and lines, wind their way through forests, meadows, river landscapes and gravel roads. Mountain bikers of all abilities and fitness levels, from beginners to pros, will find their perfect ride here in the Hochkönig area.
"The trails and mountainbike rides in Maria Alm are clearly signposted and easy to follow."
"The hotel owner will be happy to give you personal tips on some of the best rides and routes in the region."
THE Bike Guide in the Region
Join local "Bike Max" to explore the region around Maria Alm
In May 2013 Maximilian Klein, a qualified mountain bike guide and former member of the Austrian national team, founded BikeMax Maria Alm.
The first bike school of its kind in the region, it aims to share insider knowledge, tips and tricks with visitors to Maria Alm. All of the school's guides are qualified mountain bike guides and look forward to showing you the best of this beautiful region!
Ride With A Pro
Let our locals show you the best of Maria Alm
The friendly and knowledgable guides from Bike Max will be happy to show you the best trails in the Hochkönig massif. Don't miss out on the chance to explore the region in the company of a local.
Tip! Guests staying at the Hotel Niederreiter get 20% off group rides with Bike Max.
- Daily guided rides organised by the local tourism association
- Guests are welcome to book private rides with a guide from Bike Max (individual and group rides available)
- We will be happy to organise a guide for you
Road Bike Rides
The best rides in the region
The Bikehotel Niederreiter in Maria Alm is the ideal starting point for those wishing to explore the Hochkönig region on two wheels.
Roadbike enthusiasts will find many great rides. We have chosen two of our favourites!
- Panorama Ride: This ride of intermediate difficulty leads from Maria Alm via the Schwarzeckbahn to Dienten, Mühlbach and the Filzensattel ridge. It has a total of 500 vertical metres of climbing. The route can also be shortened by starting in Dienten or Mühlbach.
- Hochkönig Ride: This 140 kilometre ride begins in Maria Alm and leads through Dienten, Mühlbach, Bischofshofen, Golling, Grödig as far as Berchtesgaden, returning via Weißbach to the starting point in Maria Alm. Highlight of the ride is the view of the Hochkönig mountains which accompanies riders throughout the day.
Road Bike Service
Road bike hotel in Maria Alm
Besides the stunning landscape around the mighty Hochkönig mountain, the Hotel Niederreiter in Maria Alm has plenty more to offer roadbike enthusiasts. The following services are included in your stay: