Explore the mountains around Maria Alm
Highlights of hiking holidays in Maria Alm:
- 250 kilometres of hiking trails
- Trails inspected and certified
- Herb hikes and other themed hikes
- Long-distance hiking paths
- Easy walks using the six cable cars
- Summit ascents and rock climbing
- Free guided hikes organised by the local tourism board
- Walks and hikes starting right outside the Hotel Niederreiter
- All-inclusive packages and deals
- Perfect facilities and equipment for hikers
Hotel Niederreiter in Maria Alm
There is nothing quite like waking up, strolling over to the window and opening the curtains to reveal a truly majestic mountain panorama. After a healthy and hearty breakfast in the hotel, visitors can either head straight out onto the trails or take the nearby cable car up into the mountains. Hiking highlights at the Hotel Niederreiter include:
- washing facilities for dirty hiking boots
- personal heated locker for drying hiking boots and clothing
- just a short walk to the Dorfjet Natrun cable car
- Hochkönig Card for the duration of your stay
"Pick up your Hochkönig Card when you arrive. It is your personal ticket to a world of mountain adventures."
Scale the Heights
From our from door up into the high mountains
From easy circular walks to long-distance treks and alpine climbs, the mountains around the Hotel Niederreiter are ideal for all those who like being out and about in the Alps. We have chosen some of our favourite hikes in the region:
- Königsweg long-distance hiking trail: This walk starts at the Dorfjet Natrun cable car just a few metres from our hotel and takes hikers on a 74 km journey of discovery through the Hochkönig mountains, the Steinerne Meer mountains, the rolling Dientner Grasberge as well as the villages of Maria Alm, Dienten and Mühlbach.
- Natrun forest adventure trail: This magical trail starts at the top of the Dorfjet cable car and comprises twelve stations. It is ideal for families and ends at a nearby hut with a petting zoo and 3D archery.
- Braggstein: This relatively secluded walk from Rohrmoos via the Lechneralm hut up to the Braggstein mountain offers great views of the surrounding landscape. It takes around 3.5 hours and comprises both wide forest roads and narrower paths.
Explore the Hochkönig region
One of the best ways to discover the most beautiful spots and best views around Maria Alm is on a guided hike. The local tourism board organises regular hikes free of charge with an experienced local hiking guide.
Guests will be able to learn more about the local flora and fauna, listen to centuries-old myths and legends and stop off at some of the most traditional huts in the region. Hiking holidays at the Hochkönig mountain are an unforgettable experience that will leave you with stories and memories for a lifetime.